Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Washington D.C.

In early summer McKay was assigned to do some work at the Pentagon again, so of course I insisted I must go with him.  Especially considering they put McKay up in a super nice hotel right across from the Pentagon.  A perk I ended up being extremely grateful for when my morning sickness came into full swing that week.  And can I just say that it should not be called morning sickness, because mine was most definitely not confined to the mornings.  Although in retrospect, morning sickness is such a small price to pay for the marvelous miracle of pregnancy.  McKay and I would enjoy the hotel's awesome continental breakfasts in the mornings and then he would walk off to the Pentagon...
...while I enjoyed the incredible museums of D.C.
Had to get my picture with the harpist paintings!
When McKay got off work we would always meet up somewhere and continue to see the sites of D.C.
McKay's favorite museum was the spy museum.
And my personal favorites: the poop transmitter
And lipstick pistol.
James Bond Car
Hidden guns
McKay in front of the FBI Building


McKay and I both loved visiting Arlington Cemetery and feeling the peace and solemnity of this holy place.  I am so grateful for the great sacrifice of these men and women buried in this cemetery.  
Below is the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
In Old Alexandria we visited a little place called Gadsby's Tavern.  The Tavern was opened in the late 1700's and has welcomed the likes of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, James Madison and James Monroe through their doors.
In the upstairs of the building was a hotel and the town's old cultural hall.  Below is a picture of us dancing where George and Martha Washington danced.
The last place we saw in D.C. was the home of George Washington in Mount Vernon.  We were lucky to run into Uncle Dave and Aunt Leticia's Family on their tour of the east while here!

And of course I would be remiss to not include my first baby bump picture in front of the Capitol at 7 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...